Friday, January 27, 2012

Dreams are playing tricks on me

But I am bloody sure I am not a dreamer.

               Went back to Kuantan for holidays. I love going back. More so now. Sebab dah dewasa kot. I learn to appreciate more. And ketuk myself in the head every time I took things for granted. I love my family. Everytime balik kuantan, I'll reflect back and felt so blessed to be having what I have and had. Opah dah tua. But she is still strong to be spring cleaning the house every single day, berkebun every evening and sapu keliling rumah every morning. I was like, "pah tak penat ke pah?" and she would be like, "alah siapa lagi nak jaga rumah tok ni. Takkan nak biar tak terjaga". 
                 I saw the front porch was unkept. Ada daun dari pokok luar masuk and the porch was unclean. Mama selalu kat rumah akan membebel-bebel asked us to be cleaning the porch with a broom, clorox and plenty of water at least once a week. Now I know why. Lantai jubin won't automatically clean itself whenever there is dirt and grime. They will remain dirty and lama-lama tumbuhlah lumut. Lumut. Yergh. And so that very morning, woke up early, took the penyapu and started cleaning the porch. It took me an hour to just sapu bersih batulah habuklah daunlah. Berpeluh-peluh. Tangan melecet because the broom was weird. Sakit belakang. If I felt all this. Opah aku yang 70 years old tu rasa apa? Man she is strong.
                 Then mintak pah clorox and started another round of scrubbing dirt of the floor. Pah sangat concern and asyik cakap, "Dia, tak payahla buat. Len kali pah buat.Dia pergilah breakfast dulu. Kita sarapan dulu ya.". Pah..pah..Nadia seriously tak kisah buat semua benda ni, because at least I did something so that you do not have to go through it. Pah dah tua. Pah jaga diri dulu. Baru jaga rumah ya. But like typical orang tua, my granny is always thinking about her cucu. And demi cucu, she will do anything.
                  Looking back while menggaras lantai, I understand why mama asyik membebel untuk kemas rumah. Now I understand why we have to do all this. Being neat and tidy is in my blood. Kepada sesiapa yang pemalas out there, bertuahlah kalau ada orang gaji yang selalu buatkan kerja rumah, ibu yang selalu buat segala-galanya but when they are gone, are you gonna rot yourself in dirt and say 'tak retilah,tak biasalah, tak tahulah, tak pernahlah, tak sangguplah, tak kuasalah kemas-kemas ni'.????

heh. Lu pikir la sendiri.




*Lately nightmares are haunting my sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2009PanDemoniuM | by TNB